The Family of God Part 1
We know that those who claim to be members of natural family are related by blood and are connected to the same DNA. This happens when parents come together to express love in union and a birth occurs as the product of such union. That child carries the same blood code and DNA of the parents. So, it is in the spiritual family.
In His omnipotence, God patterns the spiritual family after the natural family on earth
- Redeemed by the blood of Jesus through Justification (Rom 3:24, Eph 1:5-7). This is the Born-Again experience which begins at our Damascus – Repentance (Col 1:14, Joh 3:3-6).
Further Ref: 1Pet 1:23, Act 9, Luk 24: 47, 2Cor 4:4.
- Sealed by the Holy Spirit of God through Sanctification (Eph 4:30, Heb 10:10). This is the Baptism experience which is the DNA of our Salvation (Mar 16:16, Joh 3:5, 1Cor 6:11).
Therefore, it means that the assembly of Jesus on earth is an exclusive member-only club (1Cor 1:26-29).
Because we are all born by the blood of one man – Jesus, and sealed by one Spirit, it makes every one related by blood and we all carry one and same DNA (of the Father through His Spirit).
Just like there is sometimes a natural resemblance of members in the natural family, members of the spiritual family all look the same – like Jesus (1Jn 3:2). This is why believers were called “little Christs” in the Acts of the Apostles – they were just like Christ (Act 11:26).
It was difficult for the Roman authority to arrest Jesus because they could not recognize or distinguish Him from His disciples. This is because they all dressed alike, looked alike, walked alike, and talked alike – it took Judas Iscariot to reveal Him and blow that sacred cover (Mat 26:48-50). Believers today are one and should be a mirror of Jesus in our daily life.
Jesus “made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men” (Php 2:7). He did that to show us that if He became like us on earth (Heb 2:17), He expect us to be like Him in heaven (1Jn 3:2).
It is impossible to test everyone in the gathering to know if they have the same blood code of Jesus and the DNA of the Holy Spirit, or if they actually belonged to the spiritual family of God, but when you observe the talk, walk, dress, look, act, etc, it would be quite easy to know true members of the spiritual family of God (Act 4:13, Mat 7:20, 1Pet 2:21).
Remember, every tree bear fruits according to its own seed (Joh 8:44, 1Jn 3:9).
Many wolves in sheep's clothing have sneaked in into the spiritual family of God pretending to be a part of the family (Rom 16:17, Php 3:18). However, the true members can easily spot them because they do not wear the same cloth believers wear, which is the righteousness of Jesus (Php 3:9).
It is the Father Himself that cloth each member of the family of God with the righteousness of His Son, Jesus so that when He looks at us, He sees only Jesus and His righteousness and not our own (Isa 64:6, Rom 3:22). He does not see our sins or accepts our works, He only sees Jesus and He is satisfied (Isa 53:11, 1Co 1:27).
Just like God recognized the man who sneaked in into the wedding banquet without the wedding garment (Mat 22:11-14), He knows those who are truly His, He knows those who are members of the spiritual family and those who are only members of an assembly (2Tim 2:19, 2Pe 1:10).
- According to Eph 1:5-7, Col 1:14, what is being born of God through the blood of Jesus called? (Ref. 1Pet 1:18).
- In what other ways can someone be a member of the natural family without same blood and DNA? (Ref Eph 1:5)
- What is the significance of being baptized? What is the consequence of not being baptized? Explain in relation to water and spirit baptism.
- 1Cor 12:13, Eph 4:5
- Gal 3:27
- Rom 6:3-4, Col 2:12
- Mar 16:16
- 1Cor 12:13, Eph 4:5
- What is the significance of having the Holy Spirit?
- Eph 4:30
- 1Jn 2:27
- Joh 14:26
- Joh 15:26
- Joh 14:16 -17
- Joh 16:8
- 1Cor 12
- What type of cloth does God expect a member of the family of God to wear? Isa_64:6
- Can someone be a member of the Assembly but not a member of the spiritual family of God?