Psalm 34:18: “The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.”
Or you are full of regret for the mistakes or path you have taken?
You can draw strength and comfort from the words of the psalmist in Psalm 34:18: “The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.”
Jesus says in Mat 11:28-30: “Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls” (Mat 11:28-30).
If you are weak and lonely, he is meek and lowly.
You don’t have to carry that burden of whatever it is on you when you can turn it over to him. He is asking you to do that and he promised to give you rest.
Trust him for what he says he will do. He is not a man that he should lie, and neither is he a sin of man that he should repent.
If you are done running, trying, or doing it alone or by yourself, you can come to him today; He is waiting and willing.
He wants to strengthen, comfort, heal, and forgive you, and he can do all that if you will allow him to.
He is nearer than you think. Psalm 46:1 says, “he is your refuge and strength, “a very present help in trouble.”
Be encouraged with the following passages of scriptures:
- Isa 41:10: Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.
- Isa 41:17: When the poor and needy seek water, and there is none, and their tongue faileth for thirst, I the LORD will hear them, I the God of Israel will not forsake them.
- 1Sa 12:22: For the LORD will not forsake his people for his great name's sake: because it hath pleased the LORD to make you his people.
- Psalm 37:25: “I have been young, and now am old; yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread.”
- Psalm 37:28: “For the LORD loveth judgment, and forsaketh not his saints; they are preserved for ever: but the seed of the wicked shall be cut off.”