Let's take a moment to remember some of the reasons to be thankful to him today, for only the living can give him thanks.
Reasons to be Thankful:
- Our relationship with God - We have been saved by grace and have the opportunity to know and love our Lord.
- Our relationship with people - We are not outcast, separated for health, mental, psychological or reasons from our loved ones.
- Our family and friends - The people who support us, encourage us, and love us unconditionally.
- Our health - Good health is a blessing that allows us to live life to the fullest.
- Our home - A place of comfort, security, and peace.
- Our work - An opportunity to serve, contribute, and provide for ourselves and our loved ones.
- And many more...
Let's mutter words of thanksgiving from him as a sacrifice from our lips. We may be thankful from our hearts but let's verbalize it in words. "Life and death is in the power of the tongue" the bible says. Our confession is powerful. Book of Revelations says, "They overcame by the blood of the lamb and the words of their testimony."
Jesus says, "you shall say to this mountain..." He didn't say "you shall imagine" or think about this mountain and it shall be removed. There is power in saying. So, this time, say to the Lord in words and let your ears hear it that you are thankful to the Lord.
What about the victory He's given you and you are yet to see? The battles he fought and won for you and you are not even aware of. The evil judgment he revoked concerning you.
Many times, our focus is on what we are yet to receive and not what we already have.
Here are a few Bible verses that can help you to appreciate and thank God:
- Colossians 3:15 - "Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, for as members of one body you are called to peace. And always be thankful."
- 1 Thessalonians 5:18 - "Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus."
- Psalm 107:1 - "Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever."
- James 1:17 - "Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."
- Ephesians 5:20 - "And give thanks for everything to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.
In this moment of thanksgiving, let us give thanks to God for all that He has done for us and all that He continues to do. Let's pray, asking God to help us to be more grateful every day and to bless those who are in need.
Dear Lord, Thank you for all the blessings you have given us. Help us to see your love and goodness in all things and to always be thankful.
May our hearts be filled with gratitude and may we never forget to give you the thanks and praise you deserve.
In Jesus' name, Amen.