Discover the inspiring examples of two great people in the Bible
- The Bible calls them “valiant men of might” (1Chr 7:5).
- They are part of the “mighty men of David” in war and battle.
- But they did not use sword or threw javelin.
- Their might and strength was their “understanding of the times, to know what Israel ought to do” (1Chr 12:32).
Bible Reading: 1Kngs 12:8,15-16, 2Sam 15:12,31, 2Sam 16:23, Pro 4:5,7, Pro 11:14, Pro 15:22, Pro 16:16, Pro 19:20, Pro 23:23, Pro 24:6.
- They Bible calls them “Noble Men.”
- This is because “they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so” (Act 17:11).
- They did not just receive any doctrine or message because Paul, Peter, or a prophet, G.O. Bishop said it.
- Be like the noble Berean Christians who went home and search the Bible themselves whether those things they heard were so.
- Always “search the scriptures for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me” (Joh 5:39).
- “Believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world” (1Jn 4:1).
- “But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed…” (Gal 1:8-9).