When ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors. (Matt. 24:33)
If it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect…(Mat. 24:23)
The Perilous Times
What does the perilous time mean?
This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come” (2Tim 3:1).
- People will no longer endure sound doctrines but denominational doctrines.
- They will develop itching ears to the Truth and embrace Facts and Fables.
- Preachers will turn to Pulpit Entertainers: amusing Goats instead of Feeding sheep.
- Leaders will use members to build their ministry and empire rather than using their ministry to build members.
- Success in ministry will be measured by quantity, not quality.
- Ordination will be by loyalty to the founder, ability for high yield return and meeting set target.
- Many preachers will become specialists in different field: prosperity, healing, breakthrough, etc.
- Motivational speakers will parade themselves as pastors. They will have “centers” where members are deceived to replace faith in God with the innate power of the soul, positive thinking and positive confession.
- Many overnight ‘prophets’ will elevate ‘prophetic’ wishes to the status of prophecy from God.
- Prevailing message will be to prophesy breakthrough on people’s lives regardless of their sin in exchange for offering and membership.
- Church growth will no longer be measured by conversion of souls through repentance but exchange of members (re-circulation).
- Special programs, publicity, media advertisement and other worldly strategies will be the strategy to grow membership
- Promotional offers, special programs, worldly events and secular seminars will be major attractions to members, not the cross.
- Leaders will be known by position, power, and prosperity, not prayer, righteousness and integrity.
- Attention will shift from people as The Church, to building as the church.
- Mission activities will be replaced by church rendezvous and fanfare
- Music will be an investment and attraction to lure people into the church.
- Praise session will be a religious discotheque and to satisfy soul social orgy.
- Worship sessions will be in letting out of emotions and feelings, not in Spirit and in truth.
- Instrumentalists and professional singers will be hired to lead congregation to God’s presence.
- Holy Spirit’s presence will be simulated to look real.
- Crowd will be the tonic to
- Messages and prayers will be loud and artificial to provoke outburst of feelings and emotions to represent Holy Spirit.
- Services will be so organized, ordered, and time-based that there will be no place for the leading, direction or prompting of the Holy Spirit.
- Sunday service will be time for show for congregants, performance for singers, and oration for preachers.
- Leaders will turn from building souls to building personal names, empires, and institutions.
- Religious activities will increase, but righteousness and godliness will decrease.
- Church will become more of organized corporate organization like blue-chip companies than a spiritual house.
- Pastoring or church leadership will be a lucrative profession, not a calling.
- Activities will replace relationship with God.
- Iniquity will abound and the love of many will wax cold to God but hot to breakthrough.
- The oil in many believers’ lamp will burn low due to iniquities in the church (activities and works) rather than faith and fellowship.
- Messages of holiness, rapture, tribulations, second coming will be unpopular compared to blessings